Location: Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, NL
Health Sciences Complex, Room H2958
Time: 7:30 pm
* Hart, B. & Risley, T. (1995) Meaningful Differences in the Everyday Experience of Young American Children. (pp. 175-189). Paul H. Brooks Publishing Co.., Inc.
* Peterson, C. & McCabe, A. (2004) Echoing Our Parents: Parental Influences on Children’s Narration. In M. Pratt & H. Fiese (Ed.) Family Stories and the Life Course Across Time and Generations (pp. 27-54). Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
* Tabors, P., Roach, K., & Snow, C. (2001) Home Language and the Literacy Environment. In D. Dickinson & P. Tabors (Ed.) Beginning Literacy with Language (pp. 111-138). Paul H. Brooks Publishing Co.., Inc.
- Click here to view more reading material.
- Click here to view a summary of research on children's memory for injuries requiring emergency room treatment, presented in power point.