|The Canadian Language and Literacy Research Network Sponsors Two People per Research Project
The Canadian Language and Literacy Research Network is sponsoring two people per research project to attend the ASC. Project Leaders determine who will be sponsored from each project. Each Research Project will be represented by their Project Leader* (unless unable to attend) and one member of the project team. The Network will cover the travel, meals and accommodation costs for these two members.
Additional research team members, students and partners are also encouraged to attend, however, they must assume their own travel and accommodation expenses. The good news here is that there isn't a conference registration fee and The Network pays for all conference meals.
All Project Leaders and researchers who sit on Network committees (Research Management, Highly Qualified Personnel, Board of Directors, the External Scientific Advisory Board and the Student Network Executive) will be sponsored separately from their projects.
If your project team requires a special meeting room separate from the conference, please contact Jennifer Starcok at
to make all the appropriate arrangements.
* NOTE TO PROJECT LEADERS - All Project Leaders must email Jennifer Starcok at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to inform her of the two people from your project whom The Network will be sponsoring.
|Booking Your Travel---Carlson Wagonlit Travel - 1-800-668-0719
Carlson Wagonlit Travel, the conference travel agent, begins making Network reservations on April 1, 2003. Network paid travel must be booked through Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Please note that if The Network is paying for your air-travel, you are requested to stay over the Saturday night (June 7) in order for The Canadian Language and Literacy Research Network to receive reduced airfares. Because of this request, The Network will cover the extra night accommodation and dinner on June 7 and breakfast on June 8. Please reference "The Network ASC 2003" when making your reservations.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel, 171 Queens Avenue, London ON N6A 5J7 Phone: (519) 672-7020 or 1-800-668-0719 Fax: (519) 672-1970 Email: Contacts at Carlson Wagonlit Travel are Cathy Shaw or Kristine Debacker-Carr (in Cathy's absence).
|Booking Your Hotel Reservations
Fairmont Empress Hotel, Victoria, B.C.
- All hotel reservations will be made when you register on-line at http://www.cllrnet.ca/index.php?fa=Conference.register. For any questions or amendments to your booking, please contact Monique Trottier, Golden Planners, Inc. Email:
- Hotel rooms will be reserved for the nights of June 4-7, 2003.
- For Network paid accommodations, each individual will have their own Fairmont room, except for students who will be required to share accommodations with other students.
- For Network paid accommodations, room rates and applicable taxes will be covered. All other hotel charges will be the responsibility of the individual.
|Poster Session at The ASC
Each Research Project will also be participating in a Poster Session at the conference. Begin your planning now. An official call for posters will be sent by email on March 25, 2003.
Annual Scientific Conference details available at: http://www.cllrnet.ca/index.php?fa=Conference.detail.
Register on-line at: http://www.cllrnet.ca/index.php?fa=Conference.register
Remember the conference registration deadline is 5 p.m., Thursday, May 1, 2003.